10 Stats That Prove Real Estate Agents Should Use Video Marketing
Convincing your real estate group to invest in video marketing can be difficult. Even individual agents have a hard time signing up for using video as a video tactic. Video takes more time and effort, and many agents feel shy in front of the camera.
Video is well worth the effort. 73% of homeowners say they are more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video. Unfortunately, only 9% of agents create list videos. Entries with no video can be easily skipped, and those using aerial photos and videos appeal to buyers and sellers. With drone technology, agents can capture powerful, seductive videos of properties and give buyers a real feel for the place.
Video marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools as it drives engagement, storytelling, and authenticity. Here are ten reasons why it is important for agents to use video in their marketing strategy.
1. 51% of marketers worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI. Marketers use video for all types of brands to increase awareness, attract more customers, and increase brand awareness. For real estate agents willing to invest in marketing tactics, video is a clear choice with a proven ROI.
2. Marketers who use video grow sales 49% faster than non-video users. Investing in video marketing guarantees faster and more productive sales growth. Real estate agents looking to increase sales should consider video a top tactic to drive those sales numbers.
3. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. Social media is a great way for agents to share their message and traits and grow their fan base. Agents should consider posting more videos on social channels to get more shares and expand their target audience. Word of mouth in real estate is still important, and social referrals are important. With the help of videos on social networks, agents can promote their services faster.
4. 64% of consumers shop after watching branded social videos. In real estate, videos are an effective tool for viewing a broker’s listed properties and neighborhoods. Agents using this marketing strategy will see an increase in offers and inquiries to review their properties. Videos help consumers give the brand a face and make it easier to understand. This in turn increases sales.
5. Video increases organic traffic to search engine results pages (SERPs) by 157%. Marketers use video to improve their rankings in search results. For real estate agents looking to master marketing, videos are a way to rank higher when prospects search for real estate information online. Unfortunately, not many people click on page 2 results from Google (or any search engine), so ranking high on certain keywords is important. Video is a great way to promote a website, blog, social page, and other landing page for potential customers to see.
6. Videos on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. Videos placed on the homepage of an agent’s website have greater impact and increase conversion rates significantly. Agents should upload their video business card containing their main message on their homepage for the best results. Having a video on the home page increases the likelihood that visitors will sign up for a newsletter, request more information, or go to the blog (regardless of the call to action on the website).
7. When a video appears on a landing page, it is 53% more likely to appear on page 1 of search engines. While marketers typically use video to drive brand traffic, they also use video to get attention on the first page of Google search results. Agents should create SEO-friendly videos to get at the top of search engine results pages.
8. First emails with a video get a 96% higher click rate. For real estate agents sending weekly newsletters or emails to subscribers, add a video for an increased CTR. Many people learn visually. Instead of getting them to read a long piece of text, consider getting the content into a video format. Of course, agents can reuse videos on social media and on their blog to make sure they are accessible to many potential customers.
9. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when they read it in text. While marketers and real estate agents alike rely on tactics like paper ads or direct mail, they’re not always memorable. In order to stand out from the competition and create a distinctive message, agents should turn to videos as we tend to retain this information better and for a longer period of time. Of course, ads and direct mail still have their place in a real estate agent’s marketing campaign. When you combine them with videos, the prospects will leave a longer lasting impression.
10. The average user spends 88% more time on a website watching video. Websites can easily become verbose and difficult to read. Real estate agents who want customers to stay on their website and learn more about their business should add videos to their website. Users spend more time on websites with videos, which means they process more information and learn more about the company. It is also an easier way to determine whether the products or services are suitable for what you are looking for. Agents can use videos to introduce themselves or explain what they are doing so that prospects can get the information they need quickly.
Video marketing is without a doubt a great marketing strategy for real estate agents as it helps highlight unique features and beauty of real estate. Videos deliver authentic messages through an engaging medium that can drive online traffic and increase sales. For agents who believe they can skip the video aspect of marketing, consumer demand will soon change that.